Revised 1 January 2020
We may change this Policy from time to time. Any such changes will be posted here. If we make a material change in the way we use information that allows you to be identified (“Personal Information”), we will prominently note the change on the Service.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION.
- Information that we collect automatically.
- We automatically record basic information about everyone who visits this Service. This information includes, depending on whether you access this Service via the web or our app, the Internet domain from which you access this Service; your IP address; the type of browser and operating system that you use; the date and time you visited this Service; the pages that you visited on this Service; and the address of the website you linked from to get to this Service. If you use a mobile device to access this Service, we may receive a unique identifier for your device. We use these kinds of information to help us improve this Service and for other administrative and analytic purposes.
- We collect information about your location to allow us to identify suitable fitness offerings in your area, to determine when a fitness pass that you purchased has been activated, and for our research purposes. Most mobile devices and other computers provide users with the ability to disable location services.
- Information that you volunteer.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile to use this Service. Information we collect includes name, email address, birthday, phone number, currency preferences, and gender. We will also ask you about your workout preferences, which we will use to help find appropriate fitness offerings for you.
- Purchases: If you want to make a purchase, you will need to provide your charge card number, CVV, and related payment credentials, which our service provider will use for the purpose of facilitating your purchases or any returns or chargebacks and, if you provide permission, to facilitate transactions on other websites or applications that use that service provider’s checkout platform. Our service provider may also share certain payment information with financial institutions, payment processors, verification services, credit bureaus and other services providers in connection with its provision of payment processing services.
- Submitting Comments: If you send us a comment or question, we will use that information only for the purpose of responding to you, fulfilling a request, or improving the Service.
- Responding to Surveys: If we provide the opportunity for you to complete surveys or opinion polls, we will use the information that we collect only in an aggregate manner, not in individually identifiable form, for research, educational, or promotional purposes.
- System messages: send messages including responding to your comments, questions, and request; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Sending promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, events and providing other news or information about us or our select partners. You have the ability to opt out of receiving any of these communications as described below under “Your Privacy Choices”;
- Other: If we otherwise request that you provide information, we will use it only to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or as we otherwise specify when we request the information.
How we use information we collect:
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with Zeamo Services and for marketing or advertising puproses;
- Other ways we share and use information. We may also use and disclose Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- For corporate passport program users: Your employer will be able to see your activity as it pertains to your passport subscription. This includes, but is not limited to, the gyms you attended and the date you attended them.
- When we engage service providers: We contract with third party service providers to perform functions for us, as described elsewhere in this Policy. These service providers get access to certain Personal Information we collect for the purpose of performing those functions, but they are contractually bound to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information and not to use it for any other purpose. For example, if you provide charge card information to make a purchase, that information will go to a service provider for processing, as detailed above. We use a hosting service provider to host our Service. These services include storage of information on our behalf. We may also provide information to a marketing services provider for purposes of developing additional business.
- If we transfer our assets: If we were to transfer all or substantially all of our assets to another business, one of the assets we would likely include in the transfer is our database of Personal Information.
- To comply with law: We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by law, regulation, or securities exchange requirement (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena), in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or to exercise or protect our legal rights.
- For safety reasons: We may disclose Personal Information when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to safeguard anyone’s property or safety.
- We may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about how you use this Service and to operate it and improve it. Web beacons are clear electronic images embedded in web pages that can allow us to recognize what portions of this Service you viewed and when you viewed them.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Service includes social media features, such as links that allow you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on this Service, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- LINKS. This Service may include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you submit Personal Information to any of those other websites, your information will be governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website that you visit.
- SECURITY. We maintain Personal Information using physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards to help ensure the security and confidentiality of the data against reasonably foreseeable risks. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure, however. Therefore, while we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that no one will ever gain unauthorized access to Personal Information.
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES. If you would like us to stop sending you email or other communications or would like to access any Personal Information that we may have that pertains to you so that you can have it corrected or deleted, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by sending us a request using the contact information at the end of this Policy. We will endeavor to satisfy such requests within a reasonable time and, in all events, consistent with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
- Accessing and updating your information. You may often correct, update, amend or remove your Personal Information in your account settings. You may also contact us using the email address listed below. We will endeavor to satisfy such requests within a reasonable time and, in all events, consistent with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
- CHILDREN. This Service is intended for use by adults. We do not target, or knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under the age of 18.
- DO NOT TRACK. “Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. This Service does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings.
ACCOUNTABILITY. If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or concerns, or otherwise wish to contact us, regarding this Policy, you may email our team, at email@example.com. We will work with you to obtain a prompt resolution of any issues you may have.
California Privacy Disclosures
On 1 January 2020 the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) took effect. The CCPA affords California consumers important rights to protect their privacy. For example, California consumers now have the right to obtain all information a company has collected about them, a list of everyone that information has been shared with, and the right to refuse to allow companies to sell their personal information. California consumers who use their CCPA rights must not be discriminated against for doing so; companies are prohibited from discriminating against such consumers by denying them goods or services, charging them different prices based on their choices or restrictions about use of their personal data, or providing them a lesser level of service.
As a matter of company policy, ZEAMO does not sell your personal information. If that changes, we will notify you by updating these disclosures, and we will provide you at least two ways to opt out. We’ll also post a link on our homepage saying DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, which will allow you to opt out by following the link.
The CCPA requires us to disclose whether we collect any “personal information” listed in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e). Section 1798.80(e) defines “personal information” as “any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, [sic] a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. ‘Personal information’ does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.”
What We Do and Don’t Collect
As noted, ZEAMO collects information that identifies you so we can provide you the services you purchase. Such information incudes your name, email address, and billing address. We provide this information to the fitness facilities you select so they can ensure you have access to their locations, equipment, and services. ZEAMO provides this information to third parties who process the information for billing and other such purposes.
If you belong to a protected class because of your race, religion, age, ethnicity, or disabilities, for example, California (and federal) laws protect you from discrimination. ZEAMO never gathers information about whether our customers belong to a protected class. And ZEAMO never draws inferences from information it does collect to discern whether you belong to a protected class. For example, although ZEAMO asks you to tell us your birthday, we don’t use that information to discern whether you belong to a protected class based on your age. In addition:
- ZEAMO maintains a record of your transactions with us. We disclose this information to gyms and other fitness facilities you wish to use so they can better serve you, and to help us understand your fitness preferences so we can better serve you.
- ZEAMO collects employment information that you provide or that your employer provides in connection with the employer’s provision of our services to you. As noted, corporate passport program users’ employers can see the users’ activities as they pertain to the passport subscription, including gyms attended and dates of attendance.
- ZEAMO discloses certain information to third parties such as credit card companies to process your transactions.
- ZEAMO does not collect fingerprints, photographs, retina imaging, or other “biometric” information.
- ZEAMO does not collect audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information pertaining to how you process sensory information.
- ZEAMO does collect “geolocation” information about your location so we can identify suitable fitness offerings in your area, to determine when a fitness pass you purchased has been activated, and for our research purposes. Also as noted, most mobile devices and other computers provide users the ability to to disable location services.
- ZEAMO does not collect education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- ZEAMO may use information it collects to offer you services or products tailored to meet your specific needs.
What This Means for You—in Practical Terms
As a California resident you have:
- The right to know what personal information we collected, used, or disclosed about you in the past twelve months, including (a) the kinds of third parties—such as gyms or financial services providers—to whom we disclosed your information; (b) the reasons we collected your personal information; and (c) the sources we gathered your personal information from. And you have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we collected about you.
- Subject to specific exceptions, the right to demand that we delete your personal information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information; however, as noted, ZEAMO doesn’t sell your personal information.
- The right to be free from discriminatory treatment, as noted, based on your invocation of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Send Us a CCPA Privacy Request
You may exercise your rights under the CCPA by sending a “verifiable request” to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning, toll free 212-381-8810. ZEAMO will respond to all such requests within 45 days.
For your protection, the CCPA requires businesses to verify the identities of consumers who request the disclosure of the categories of personal information collected, who request specific personal information that has been collected, and/or who request deletion of personal information. Consumers may make a verifiable request twice per year, that is, twice within any twelve month period. For your protection, only you or someone you’ve authorized to act on your behalf may request your personal information. If ZEAMO is unable to verify your identity, or if we have a reasonable basis to suspect the request is fraudulent, malicious, or otherwise improper, we reserve the right to deny the request pending receipt of adequate verification.
ZEAMO reserves the right to update this notice. Your use of this site and our service is your acknowledgement that you received the updates. If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or concerns, or otherwise wish to contact us, regarding this Policy, you may email our team, at email@example.com. We will work with you to promptly resolve any issues you may have.